Thursday, March 29, 2007

...Better Luck Next Time...


I say,I love the rain because I can smile all the time and have the heavens cry for me. Life is way too short to have time for crying. But still I cry. Life is too complicated and unforgiving to be taken seriously and as someone anonymous has said "no one gets out of it (life) alive anyways"!

"Five Point Someone" sounds good enough when u get to hear "Nothing Point No One". In my Post-Graduation I am creating a record of getting grades not even good enough to be remembered after I put in the maximum amount of hard work I have ever put in till date in my whole academic life.

All the time that today I stood in the long queue for getting the result of my III semester, I cooked up all the blackmailing that was possible to blackmail the Almighty. As the queue got shorter the intensity of the blackmailing was reaching that of the ultrasonic waves hoping that somehow it would reach God and he would erase the marks in the register if they were not good! The trend of the result was not less fluctuating than the sensex. A good score by someone lifted the spirits within a bit high and the a low one dragged me down to the depths lower than that of the sunken Titanic. I reached the result window and bang, I scored even worse than the last time. It proves that my results are somewhat inversely proportional to my effort!

My exit from the queue with handful of marks once again, has confirmed to me that there is no God but myself else if there is one his/her ears would have gone deaf by my pleas and grant me something better. This is not the first time that it has happened, remember na, my PG record that I am creating! As many of you would say now that I might not have worked hard, IT WAS NOT SO!

If anyone can do me good, it is me. I will have to work upon it, again. No God ever comes and writes the exam for me, nor does he ever come and console me when I am not good enough for myself. After a few pathetic moments of weeping out the faith in God that took long to rebuild inside, I start all over again to be Happy. The state I really belong to. I engage people, phenomena(like rain) and myself to let me live my life as it should be--Happy and Satisfied no matter what.

Fine isn't good enough. I will have to be Extra Ordinary. I might have worked hard but it seems I didn't work hard enough.Better luck next time Suni (and Shambhavi too)!

9 Comments:

Blogger howler said...

well in MBA they say "it's not the hard work but smart work that sales through" but because yours is not MBA so I say well its yes the hard work but smart work is still the key to sail through wid cheers on the face ( read good result)... and now me the one who always said marks dont matter will say madam marks really dont matter when you havent done nothing for them but when you have a hard work on your side... then the bell is ringing just pay heed....

OK enuf of lecs
[GamePLan]

5:07 AM  
Blogger howler said...

and yeah sry I forgot to pay enuf respects to lady luck....
...Better Luck Next Time...

5:09 AM  
Blogger Astha said...

The most impressive post of urs..
wud surely luv to read more frm u....
wud like to share my views sometime.
cya

4:26 PM  
Blogger Anshi said...

nice article!!! better luck next time

8:55 PM  
Blogger Vaibhav Bhargava said...

Poor grades i can co-relate to that

9:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Its really heartbreaking, to read such an article that to from a super bubly girl.
May be my comment would seems like a left hand compliment to console, the truly bluestocking.

But hats off to this samaritan, for giving words to her feelings that is almost every minnow's story not only in acedemics, life as well.

i was on the very same ship few months back, which had shaken by poor grades and dark shadow on your cherry called placements.

Its a very weel known fact for any institution that once you got grey marksheet, its really the hardest nut to crack, overcome and perform well. But i feel people who are of differnt colours, whose idea about excell is quite different.For us
there is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations.

Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled.

Dear, if you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that grades can't buy.

May be after geeting ur marksheet, it would have decorated corners dustbin,Then few promises to yourself,some phonecalls to closer ones.And slightly the panic situation wiped off.Isn't it?

And you were right.Best thing after your result that, you gave words to your feelings.And i think this is the brightest colour of your personality.Carry on with this.

May be you won't be the best breadwinner of your campus even though being your self, you will be a bigger winner than any one else...

so mam keep enjoying rains, it will come again in next season but your these lovely days won't come back.wah off your all sorrows ans failures in it.

GRADES can't make you somethings its your attitude towards life which makes you special and your words say how special you are.....

9:54 AM  
Blogger Coolnittian said...

thankyou chachu(amit) for introducing me such a nice blog...

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

another lovely writing of yours...
well, you make me feel proud everytime you post an EXPRESS-ION.
not to console you but yes to make you understand i'd say its better to have knowledge with lower grades than knowing nothing and being overflowing with grades!!! it is all where you land after your college that matters.but then again, thats not the end of it. there's a long way ahead!!!
remember and realise that grades will give you an entry somewhere but what you know will fetch you recognition and satisfaction which no grade can ever give you...
keep your spirits up and keep working hard... you'll surely have the fruits of it. believe in yourself not in your grades.
love you...

10:50 AM  
Blogger shikhar said...

Article is awesome mam..!!

Sometimes (rather often) I feel that there is no God. I think this happens to everyone in one or the other phase of life...
The line I like most is "I engage people, phenomena(like rain) and myself to let me live my life as it should be--"

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home